Saturday 1 January 2011

VIPASSANA: UNA GRANDE DELUSIONE

Questa è la mail che ho inviato, di getto, all'organizzazione che ha la pretesa di insegnarti a essere buddha. Siamo essere umani passibili di errori e dobbiamo capire chi siamo prima di imbarcarci in imprese di auto-santificazione.

Goodevening,

today 1st January I am just coming out of a 4-day course from The Glind (31-12-2010 4-1-2011), in the Netherlands where I was set at the door by the teacher Mr Junger Stowasser.

I was not able to attend one class in the afternoon from 14.30 to 15.30 because of severe dizziness and headache which I have been suffering from before starting the course, and reported in the form.
The teacher found that I had to leave because I was not getting better, and I was not practising along with the other students. This happened in one occasion (only during that single sitting in the afternoon) and he did not give me a second chance to try again.
I was obliged by Mr Stowasser to leave the building on 1st January at 17pm from the centre located in the middle of nowhere, dizzy and not really able to jump on a train and get home safe.
On 1st January not all friends are available to come and pick you up, as you might understand.
So I proposed to stay for the night inside my room, and leave safely the morning after.
He opposed to my proposal saying that it was not healthy for the other student. So he fancied dumping me on the street instead. Was this healthy for me? Or I guess he did not bother with that thought.

Now my questions are, what if I had an accident of some kind? Who is to blame for damages?
Why did this teacher not consider letting me stay for one night, instead to put me at the door right away?
In this story I can't see any trace of Dhamma whatsoever, and I am deeply disappointed by the whole organization.
What kind of rules do you follow in such a case? And do you know that rules can also affect your own organization, the name, the fame you put forth? And students that might be influenced by this facts before taking a course again?
Also, do you know that rules can be changed?

I am surely not going to attend any other course, and will do my best to persuade my friends not to do so.
Besides I am going to put this case in the hands of my lawyer. Simply because Mr Stowasser lacked to show any common sense.


Your sincerely,
Silvia De Cagna

No comments: