Tuesday 25 January 2011

On my way to Uluru-update n 3

Hello dears,
Thanks very much for the birthday wishes!
I celebrated halloween-bday with the group of Korean guys I went camping with on Moreton Island. Which is another paradise island. Well worth visiting. I went on my first snorkeling experience but a red jelly fish stopped me from swimming farther. I thought to myself I belong to earth rather than to water...
What the heck am I doing in the Ocean? Made quickly my way on land.
on a side note I WON'T CLIMB UP the rock, just to respect Aboriginals beliefs. Let's hope I can join a didgeridoo workshop.
Also hope to have enough time to go to Coober Pedy. The Underground city, famous for its opal mines.
After Uluru, the Olgas, and Kings Canyon I hope to get to see the Great Ocean Road off from Melbourne.
Still have not found a buddy traveller, but I'm enjoying the people I meet on my way to this incredible adventure. I discovered Koreans are very funny and laid back! As a friend was telling me you could call them the Latins of Asia. :-)
I spotted a brown snake (deadly) when taking a picture at an old gas station, and a huge spider (15 cm) Also saw 3 dingos! Gold Coast and Sunshine coast are dotted with tea trees, and you can truly smell it. Nature here is very arty, you get to love it even if you fear it (see snakes, spiders, dingos...).
Thanks very much for birthday wish calls from Dubrovnik :-), sms, and e-mails! Promise to e-mail you individually as soon as I get off the track.

This is the cool gang I went partying with ☺




Big koala-hug (have not seen one yet),

No comments: